The word suggestion is derived from the Latin “suggestus” which base word is “suggero” meaning “to carry under.” A suggestion is a thought, idea or impression that is carried under the attention of the conscious mind and into the inner consciousness of a person. Suggestion is mental influence which effect is “to creep in.” Suggestion usually operates as an authoritative statement, repeated as often as possible, without proof and avoiding argument.
When a suggestion is impressed into the subconscious mind, it results in the kind of emotion and action which the suggestion is designed to produce. Positive suggestions result in positive emotions and actions, whereas negative suggestions result in negative emotions and actions. That is why it is important to be aware of the kind of suggestions that you allow yourself to be impressed with, as well as the kind of suggestions you impress others with.
Too often is a child impressed with the idea that “Sheryl is too stupid for anything, she always does things without thinking.” Or “Mathew is such a bad boy, he always misbehaves and can’t seem to do the right thing.” Or “Angela is so shy, she is always afraid of strangers and keeps quiet in front of people.” The child grows to accept the suggestion authority and repetition and naturally acts along the lines of the suggestion. Any wonder why children become even more of what we say they are?
- Winning without Fighting is Highest Victory
- Mental Gender - Harmony of Conscious and Subconscious
- Our Reality is Cross Section of Higher Dimension
- Realize The Truth of Your Being to Have Power
- Achieve Success by Going straight for your Dreams
- Continue Standing in Faith through Difficulties
- There is No greater or Lesser Value Fulfillment
- Law of God Action - Creating from the Highest Level
- The Observer Creates Reality simply by Observing
- Purchasing the Best Things in Life for Yourself