The word suggestion is derived from the Latin “suggestus” which base word is “suggero” meaning “to carry under.” A suggestion is a thought, idea or impression that is carried under the attention of the conscious mind and into the inner consciousness of a person. Suggestion is mental influence which effect is “to creep in.” Suggestion usually operates as an authoritative statement, repeated as often as possible, without proof and avoiding argument.
When a suggestion is impressed into the subconscious mind, it results in the kind of emotion and action which the suggestion is designed to produce. Positive suggestions result in positive emotions and actions, whereas negative suggestions result in negative emotions and actions. That is why it is important to be aware of the kind of suggestions that you allow yourself to be impressed with, as well as the kind of suggestions you impress others with.
Too often is a child impressed with the idea that “Sheryl is too stupid for anything, she always does things without thinking.” Or “Mathew is such a bad boy, he always misbehaves and can’t seem to do the right thing.” Or “Angela is so shy, she is always afraid of strangers and keeps quiet in front of people.” The child grows to accept the suggestion authority and repetition and naturally acts along the lines of the suggestion. Any wonder why children become even more of what we say they are?
- Dual Divinity - Inverse Reality of Heaven and Earth
- Spiritual Warfare - Winning The Fight of Faith
- Have a Strong Reality to be Unaffected by Others
- Conscious, Subconscious and Superconscious are One
- Increase Positive Energy for Easier Manifesting
- Shifting Into New Perspective of Your Reality
- Serve God by Realizing Christ as Your Higher Self
- Mind Reality Model
- Trusting God as you Continue to Act in Spirit
- Secret to Knowing Everything in All of Reality