In certain spiritual schools of thought, we have been conditioned to think of the ego in a negative and limited way. But it is an erroneous mentality to think of the ego as something that’s unwanted and to be rid off for spirituality. The ego exists for a purpose and it’s an integral part of spirituality and the totality of being. To remove the ego is like removing the left hand and keeping the right. It’s a ridiculous concept that shouldn’t even be thought of at all. Spirit and ego go hand and hand for complete experience.
The purest definition for ego is the individuated consciousness of Infinite Being. It is who you are as a unique and distinct personality apart from universal consciousness. It is your expressed self that is localized within time and space. It is your existence as a freewill entity that can think and act with or apart from higher intelligence. Imagine Spirit as an ocean and the individual wave as ego. The wave and ocean are one just as Spirit and ego are one. One represents the whole and the other represents the part.
Ego has its use for Spirit. Ego is the way by which Spirit perceives reality from one place and one moment. Ego is how Spirit has uniqueness of experience. Ego is also how Spirit expresses in a particular way that is unlike any other. The reason for not being attached to ego or your own personal reality is so that you are free to realize your total Self as Spirit which is unlimited, unbounded and capable of being, doing and having anything. Then are you truly free to live your life fully with the power of Spirit.
- Perfect Having is a State of Unconsciousness
- Mental Knowledge - All knowledge is one knowledge
- Difference between Thoughts and Beliefs
- Affirm the Realization of Goals in the Present
- Pulling Down Celestial Energies into Physicality
- Peace and Joy is Key to Attracting Good Things
- Conscious, Subconscious and Superconscious are One
- Manifest with Emotion of Desire and Expectation
- Your Higher Self has Chosen Everything for You
- Writing is Crystallized Thought